Ohio University Athletics is proud to participate in the Life Skills Program launched by the NCAA Foundation and Division I-A Athletic Director's Association in 1994. OHIO Athletics is committed to a program that develops the leadership potential of all student-athletes as they prepare for rewarding careers after athletics. The mission of the Life Skills Program at Ohio University is to promote leadership and to establish a commitment of service to others as a foundation for a balanced lifestyle.
To influence the student-athlete to develop and pursue career life goals by:
- Integrating the student-athlete into the career services programs offered by the Career and Leadership Development Center on campus.
- Sharing internship and summer job opportunities in a student-athlete's chosen career field.
- Assisting student-athletes in preparing for the job search and job interviews through various programs and workshops offered by SAAC.
To encourage student-athletes to give service to others as a foundation for a rewarding lifestyle by:
- Maintaining a comprehensive service program and encouraging all student-athletes to commit to service.
- Service initiatives take place in the Athens and surrounding communities to serve several groups in Southeast Ohio.
- Service projects are completed per team or by SAAC members and vary from year-to-year.
To foster the personal development of the student-athlete by:
- Establishing an environment that promotes a healthy, well-balanced lifestyle through various workshops.
- Providing leadership opportunities with the Student-Athlete Advisory Committee.
- Encouraging self-exploration through on-campus resources.