About Building Bridges to Careers: We bridge the gap between education & employment by bringing together schools, businesses, and communities. We focus on K-12 students and offer programs such as middle school career mentoring, high school job shadowing & internships, and school-wide Real World Problem Scenario problem-based learning. We also offer events including Family Career Awareness Day, Discover Days, and STEAM camp. In addition, we support 25 other counties who are looking to bridge the gap between education and employment for their own students, businesses leaders, and community leaders.
Summer Intern VISTA will assist with marketing, communications, processes, and planning for the organization, including being an integral part of our STEAM Camp staff. They will help plan, implement, and oversee this camp, which will occur in July. They will also assist with other marketing, event, and communication needs to strengthen summer programs. And they can choose to work on other projects based on their own interests and availability.
List of Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with marketing & communication efforts
- Update marketing & communications as needed
- Assist with fundraising if applicable
- Develop, implement, and/or review programming to strengthen it
- Assist staff with other capacity projects and needs based on interest & time
Desired experience, qualifications, and skills:
- Experience working with kids/teenagers.
- Interest in education, hands-on learning, creativity, and career awareness.
- Background in or interest in science, technology, engineering, art, and/or mathematics.
- Ability to work in-person at the BB2C Epicenter (107 Lancaster St. Marietta, OH 45750).
- Available, including being able to stay on campus at Marietta College from July 17 – 21, to staff our STEAM camp.
Opportunities for Professional Development or other benefits:
- Will work with other summer interns and summer staff as a cohort
- Will have a chance to identify their strengths through StrengthsFinder and discuss what their strengths bring to our summer staff/intern team
- Opportunities may include team building opportunities such as a staff-wide book group, activities in our Makerspace, and opportunities to attend community events as part of BB2C
- Opportunity to work on additional projects based on their own interests, talents, and experiences
Anticipated Impacts and Outcomes (how will this intern benefit the organization, the people we serve, and the region):
We rely on student interns and student staff members to assist us in reviewing, designing, and implementing our STEAM camp each summer. They also assist us in creating and updating student-centric marketing. They support our efforts to create, update, and implement processes, procedures, and policies to strengthen our organizational capacity. And they help us with reviewing, planning, and implementing programing and events.
- $3,375 total living allowance (amount approximate and will be updated when finalized)
- $1,300 Segal Education Award (amount approximate and will be updated when finalized)
- $500 Education Award Partial Match by Center for Campus and Community Engagement
- Mileage Reimbursement for all travel outside City of Athens, Ohio
All applicants must be current US Citizens due to the policies of the AmeriCorps VISTA program.